Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Trip to D.C. Part 2

Monday, My Birthday! We got up Monday morning and went to McDonald's for breakfast. Let me just say the McDonald's in Hanover PA. is pretty awesome. They even have a customer service guy walking around to see if you need anything. Well I almost got the cops called on me for taking a .50 cent newspaper but that's besides the point. After breakfast we headed to Gettysburg National Military Park, as we made our way there it started to snow. We slid all over the road on the way there including a skid through a red light. haha. We finally made it unharmed and visited the park, only there was too much snow on the ground to drive through the park so we were confined to the visitors center, which is the nicest of any battlefield I have visited. We were a little disappointed that we didn't get the whole park experience, it was worse for my roommate because he had never been. We had also planed to visit Shanksville PA. where flight 93 went down on Sept. 11th, but because of the snow and ice we couldn't make the hour drive. We just decided to go back to the hotel and rest for what was going to be a long Tuesday in D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment